12-Day Grapefruit Diet Meal Plan
The Grapefruit Diet Meal plan contains about 800 calories per day:
Lunch: Eat half a grapefruit plus two eggs. For the side and main courses you can have cucumber and tomato salad with vinegar, lemon and herbs; 1 piece of dry melba toast; and plain tea or coffee.
Dinner: Eat half a grapefruit or one glass of unsweetened juice; You can have 4-6 ounces meat of chicken, beef, ham, or lean pork slices; and spicy, buttery red or green vegetables and salad. with vinegar, lemon and herbs; and plain tea or coffee.
Snack before Bedtime: A glass of skimmed milk or tomato juice.
Directions to Grapefruit Diet:
- Eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice (keep juice unsweetened) during each meal. The grapefruit acts as a kick-starter for fat burning.
- Don’t change the quantity of grapefruit or its juice intake for anything.
- You must drink at least 8, eight-ounce glasses of water per day to cleanse your system and give you a feeling of fullness.
- You must eat until you are full without leaving or eliminating anything.
- Limit coffee intake to 1 cup per meal.
- Don’t eat between meals.
- Butter can be added to your vegetables and you can fry using butter.
- No desserts, breads, white vegetables, or sweet potatoes are allowed on this diet.
- You can eat more than the specified vegetables, meats and salads.
- Stay on the diet for 12 days then stop for 2 days. Repeat.
Suggested Meal Option (Grapefruit and egg)
You can make your meal more interesting. Here are the suggestions:
- Vegetable omelet with veggies and tomato slices – Two egg omelet fried in non-stick cooking spray with two ounces of low fat cheese and one sliced tomato.
- Scrambled Eggs – Two eggs or egg substitute scrambled with onions and mushrooms in non-stick spray. One half of a grapefruit.
For meal with meat, fish and ham:
Tuna Salad – Three ounces of water packed tuna mixed with low fat mayonnaise on top of two cups of mixed salad greens and 1 tablespoon of vinegar dressing.
Grilled Chicken – Three ounces of grilled chicken breast on two cups of tossed salad vegetables with vinegar, lemon and herbs.